Discoloration Defense is the Best Brightening Serum to correct stubborn pigmentation, uneven skin tone for a brighter, more even complexion. Clinically proven to get rid of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (Acne dark spots) by 80% in 12 weeks, and removes other pigmentation, melasma by 60% in 12 weeks. Results from 2 weeks
Formulated with 3% Topical TXA, 1% Kojic Acid, 5% Niacinamide and 5% HEPES. These 4 ingredients each target a different step of discoloration formation in the skin, to fade and prevent stubborn pigments from reoccurring. Discoloration Defense is a gentle, layerable, daily-use dark spot brightening serum.
- A synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of dark spots of dark patches, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches, reduces acne spots by an average of 80% in 12 weeks.
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or laser treatments.
Science behind it:
Dark spots, stubborn brown patches, melasma are common problems that almost everyone will face. Dark spots or stubborn brown spots/patches are areas of the skin with excess Melanin. Melanin is the pigment that gives our skin colour, but when the skin is inflammed, excess melanin is being produced in the skin, which emerges as darker coloured spots and makes the skin tone uneven. A complex, multi-step process takes place in the skin when we study how dark spots are formed:
Step 1: Inflammation Triggers – Sun/ UV exposure, acne, hormonal changes such as pregnancy are common triggers. They trigger inflammatory mediators, which activates the enzyme Tyrosinase in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers.
Step 2: Melanin Production – Tyrosinase enables Melanocytes in the skin to produce more Melanin. When the skin is inflammed, this produces excessive Melanin.
Step 3: Melanin Transfer – Excess melanin gets transferred through the layers of the skin over a few weeks.
Step 4: Emergence – Excess melanin emerges as dark spots or stubborn brown patches on the skin surface. These pigment deposits tend to be more difficult to be removed compared to other skin cells on the surface.
To address the 4 steps of pigmentation above, SkinCeuticals presents Discoloration Defense. This latest-generation dark spot corrector, using a combination of potent and proven anti-discoloration ingredients to address key types of skin discoloration. Each of the 4 active ingredients in this potent formulation targets a different step of the pigmentation cycle, thus correcting and preventing dark spots from its origin.
Skin Condition: Discoloration
HOW TO USE
- Apply 3-5 drops of this skin brightening serum to the face. Apply twice daily for best results.
- If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen
- Limit sun exposure while using this product
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use
ABOUT THE BRAND
Our mission is to improve skin health. Dedicated to this purpose, we make one simple promise—to provide advanced skincare backed by science.
Born from decades of skin cancer research that led to pivotal breakthroughs in antioxidants, our high potency formulas are concentrated in pure actives and proven to penetrate optimally into skin.
Made in the USA, our clinical skincare is used by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and medi-spas for daily homecare and to complement aesthetic procedures. We formulate to correct signs of aging, protect healthy skin, and prevent future damage.